Covid-19 is still among us and so is the cold and flu season. I receive so many wonderful newsletters from top nutrition and supplement experts and have compiled an overview for you of how to support your immune system during this crazy season of viruses.
Vitamin C is essential to take 3 times a day and up to 1-2 grams depending on your exposure to the outside world. Brands that I know are good are:
Mercola Liposomal C – www.amazon.com
Interplexus Flavo-Plex C – https://interplexus.com/products/flavo-plexc
Dr. Schulze – Super C Plus (this does contain strawberries so it can trigger the production of histamines, therefore this may not be a good choice if you have seasonal allergies. – www.herbdoc.com
Designs for Health – Liposomal Vitamin C – https://shop.designsforhealth.com/sca/checkout.ssp?is=login&login=T#/register-patient?HOLLICLEPPER
PaleoValley Essential C Complex – www.paleovalley.com
Choose one of the following, – all of the brands below come from a clean source.
Pure Vegan Antioxidant Formula – www.amazon.com (3 capsules a day, one at breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Gaia Resveratrol – (3 capsules a day, one at breakfast, lunch and dinner) – www.amazon.com
Designs for Health – CoQ10 (1 capsules with dinner) – https://shop.designsforhealth.com/sca/checkout.ssp?is=login&login=T#/register-patient?HOLLICLEPPER
If you are up for it, I would take all 3 supplements, but if you only want to take one, pick zinc or local honey.
1. Olive leaf – Gaia (3 capsules a day, one at breakfast, lunch and dinner) – start with one capsule a day and build up to make sure it sits well with you.
2. Zinc – Designs For Health – – 50 mg. a day with dinner – https://shop.designsforhealth.com/sca/checkout.ssp?is=login&login=T#/register-patient?HOLLICLEPPER
3. Local Honey – 2-3 tablespoons a day
Vitamin D3 – at least 2,000IU/day
Designs for Health Vitamin D Supreme https://shop.designsforhealth.com/sca/checkout.ssp?is=login&login=T#/register-patient?HOLLICLEPPER
Nordic naturals – www.amazon.com
Carlson – www.amazon.com
Green Pastures – Royal blend fermented cod liver oil in capsules – www.greenpature.org
Another fun way to boost your immune system without using dairy is this fantastic smoothie I found on PaleoValley.com. They have amazing turkey stick snacks and wonderful snack ideas for the whole family.
Immune-Boosting Orange Creamsicle Smoothie
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Serves: 1-2 glasses
- 2 small oranges, peeled
- 1 cup almond milk (Pacific seems to have the least additives but it does have xanthan gum which can cause digestive issues if you drink loads of it every day, so just pay attention to how you feel).
- ¼ cup coconut cream (canned) (Native Forest Simple has no guar gum)
- 2 Tbsp raw honey (local)
- 4 capsules Paleovalley Essential C Complex or whichever vitamin C you choose (2 grams)
- ½ cup ice
- Optional: chopped dark chocolate or nuts for topping
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Open Essential C capsules, adding the powder to ingredients.
- Blend on high for a minute, then pour into a glass (or two).
- Top with chopped dark chocolate or nuts for a little crunch and serve.