Hip extensions are a great way to tone the booty and release some unwanted toxins in the body.
- Lie on your back, palms facing the ceiling, feet shoulder-width apart, and neck long by pressing the back of the head into the floor.
- Start the movement by pressing your hips up, using your buttocks, keeping the chest open and neck long, see figure 1.
- If it is comfortable, open your chest and clasp your hands under you to get a deeper stretch in the chest and shoulders, figure 2.
- Hold for 5-10 breaths.
- You can also perform this as an exercise and lift and lower 10-20 times, inhaling as you extend and exhaling as you lower.
- Hip, chest, and shoulder opener.
- Strengthens the buttocks and thighs.
- Releases toxins.
- If you feel this in the low back, really squeeze your buttocks and lower the hips slightly.
- If you feel pain in your neck, place a small rolled-up towel under your neck.