Why You Need This?
Warrior 2 is an excellent pose to strengthen the body and the mind. Holding this pose for 5-10 breaths will teach you to let you and embrace the warrior inside by pushing past the discomfort in the legs and arms.
1. Strengthens and stretches the legs and ankles.
2. Stretches groin, chest, lungs, and shoulders.
3. Stimulates abdominal organs.
4. Increases stamina.
5. Relieves backaches.
6. Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis, sciatica and ankles.
1. From standing with your hands on your hips, step your left foot back and angle your left foot to about 9:00 so the outer edge of your foot is in line with the short edge of the mat. The front heel is aligned with the back arch. Keep your right foot pointing forward and bend your right leg, getting as close to parallel to the floor as possible, keeping your knee over the ankle, with the right shin perpendicular to the floor, as in figure above. 2. With the left outer edge of your foot connecting to the mat, open your hips so they are square with the long edge of the mat and contract your thigh muscles as you tuck the tail bone under.
3. Raise your arms out to the side so they are parallel to the floor, palms facing the floor. Squeeze your shoulder blades together and relax your shoulders away from your ears. Allow your rib cage to lift your arms from underneath.
4. Keep your head in a neutral position, gazing out over your right middle finger.
5. Hold for 5 breaths or 1 minute.
6. Repeat on other side.
1. Only go as low into the lunge as your body will comfortably allow.